Pentax K-5 OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED
Official K-5 specifications unveiled!
By PF Staff in Pentax Announcements on Sep 19, 2010
We are very pleased to be among the first sites to be bringing the official Pentax K-5 specifications to the Pentax community. Pentax is marketing the K-5 as "Highly Sensitive", which is good news for those expecting a sensor with exceptional high-ISO performance.
You may now directly view the press release, spec sheets, and PDF for the K-5 as well as the new SMC Pentax-DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 kit lens.
The specifications for the K-5 are as follows:
- 16.3 Megapixel CMOS sensor 23.7 x 15.7mm High-speed
- PRIME II Imaging Engine
- Sensitivity range: ISO 80 to 51 200
- 7 fps high-speed continuous shooting
- Shutter speed: 1/8000 sec max.
- CMOS-shift Shake Reduction, complies with all PENTAX lenses
- SAFOX IX+ AF sensor with 11 selectable pointsand wavelength sensor
- Camera housing of magnesium alloy
- Weatherproof body with 77 independent seals
- Large 100% field of view viewfinder
- Wide view angle 3’’ LCD monitor, 921 000 dots
- Video recording in Full HD (1960x1080 pixels, 16:9, 25 fps)
- Live View with magnified view, face detection, contrast AF and phase matching
- Dust Removal II mechanism and dust alert function
- Dynamic Range Enhancement (shadow/highlight correction)
- Compact body: 13cm width
- Powered by Li-ion battery
- MSRP body-only: $1599.95
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- October "The Sky" Contest Finalists...
- Current K-Mount Prime Lenses (2017)
- New Pentax Price Alert Feature
- Pentax K-1 Firmware v1.43 Released
- Lumenzia Action Panel for Photoshop
- How to Modify the DA* 60-250mm F4 for Full Frame
- Announcing "Fall Colors" - Our...
- A Hands-on Look at the Pentax K-1 Silver