Pentax K-5 topples others in sensor scores
The K-5 holds its ground against full-frame SLRs and beats the K-r by 10 points!
By PF Staff in Pentax Announcements on Nov 5, 2010
DxOMark today has rated the Pentax K-5's sensor, following their rating of the K-r just last week. Overall, it got a score of 82- this is the same score that the 645D received, and is 10 points higher than that of the new K-r. Furthermore, this overall score is above many competing full-frame and most competing APS-C bodies out there!
The K-5 fared particularly well in the dynamic range sub-scores, which means that it sensor handles high-contrast light and dark areas very well! Full-frame bodies do better than it in the high-ISO sub-score, but this goes without saying. For it's price, however, the K-5 is sweeping everybody else away! This is certainly a very pleasant surprise.
More details on the actual scores can be found in the discussion thread linked below; screenshot by DxOMark labs.Did we convince you to get your K-5? (Discuss)
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Venus Optics Laowa 12mm F2.8 In-depth Review
- October "Mirror Image" Contest...
- Irix 150mm F2.8 Macro Officially Announced
- Pentax in 2018: What the Brand Brings to the Table
- Announcing "Negative Space" - Our...
- The Making of "Southerdown Sunset"
- PhotoPlus 2018: Pentax Interview and Report
- Ricoh WG-60 Officially Announced