Pentax K-5 topples others in sensor scores
The K-5 holds its ground against full-frame SLRs and beats the K-r by 10 points!
By PF Staff in Pentax Announcements on Nov 5, 2010
DxOMark today has rated the Pentax K-5's sensor, following their rating of the K-r just last week. Overall, it got a score of 82- this is the same score that the 645D received, and is 10 points higher than that of the new K-r. Furthermore, this overall score is above many competing full-frame and most competing APS-C bodies out there!
The K-5 fared particularly well in the dynamic range sub-scores, which means that it sensor handles high-contrast light and dark areas very well! Full-frame bodies do better than it in the high-ISO sub-score, but this goes without saying. For it's price, however, the K-5 is sweeping everybody else away! This is certainly a very pleasant surprise.
More details on the actual scores can be found in the discussion thread linked below; screenshot by DxOMark labs.Did we convince you to get your K-5? (Discuss)
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- April 2022 "Urban Landscape" Photo...
- Savings on Topaz Gigapixel AI from Topaz Labs
- Ricoh announces new WG-80 point and shoot camera
- Pentax K-3 Mark III Continuous Autofocus...
- April "Urban Landscape" Contest...
- U.S. Pentax Deal Roundup: May 12, 2022
- Win a SMC Pentax DA 21mm: Special Photo Contest
- Ricoh WG-6 Firmware Update Adds Webcam...