Pentax K-x Discontinued
Major retailers running out of stock
By PF Staff in Pentax Announcements on Mar 31, 2011
Earlier this month, Pentax Japan announced that the K-x as well as the K-7 were being discontinued.
This can now be felt over in the U.S., as major retailers such as B&H and Adorama have run out of all K-x stock and markedl the camera as discontinued. Amazon still appears to have a handful of cameras left, but those won't last long. For those who are desperate, the K-x can still be purchased in ugly colors or a dual lens kit from the Pentax Web Store, for about $50 less than the K-r.
The K-7 remains readily available. We believe that this is due to its lower popularity and shared design with the K-5.
This brings the list of available Pentax DSLRs down to 4:
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- October "The Sky" Contest Finalists...
- Current K-Mount Prime Lenses (2017)
- New Pentax Price Alert Feature
- Pentax K-1 Firmware v1.43 Released
- Lumenzia Action Panel for Photoshop
- How to Modify the DA* 60-250mm F4 for Full Frame
- Announcing "Fall Colors" - Our...
- A Hands-on Look at the Pentax K-1 Silver