Pentax Optio S1
Latest 14 megapixel compact camera
By PF Staff in Pentax Announcements on Mar 3, 2011
Today, Pentax announced their latest compact digital camera: the Optio S1. This new camera isn't weather-sealed, but is quite small, weighing in at only 144 grams and less than an inch deep. In addition to Pentax's usual in-camera firmware featuring face dedection and auto picture modes, it boasts the following:
- High Resoluton 14-megapixel sensor
- 5x zoom lens equivalent to 28-140mm on film
- 1280x720p HD video
- Bright 2.7" LCD screen
- True Shake Reduction (SR) system
- Infrared remote control support
- SDXC support
The camera is expected to be available at B&H in late April.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- April 2022 "Urban Landscape" Photo...
- Savings on Topaz Gigapixel AI from Topaz Labs
- Ricoh announces new WG-80 point and shoot camera
- Pentax K-3 Mark III Continuous Autofocus...
- April "Urban Landscape" Contest...
- U.S. Pentax Deal Roundup: May 12, 2022
- Win a SMC Pentax DA 21mm: Special Photo Contest
- Ricoh WG-6 Firmware Update Adds Webcam...