Pentax Optio S1
Latest 14 megapixel compact camera
By PF Staff in Pentax Announcements on Mar 3, 2011
Today, Pentax announced their latest compact digital camera: the Optio S1. This new camera isn't weather-sealed, but is quite small, weighing in at only 144 grams and less than an inch deep. In addition to Pentax's usual in-camera firmware featuring face dedection and auto picture modes, it boasts the following:
- High Resoluton 14-megapixel sensor
- 5x zoom lens equivalent to 28-140mm on film
- 1280x720p HD video
- Bright 2.7" LCD screen
- True Shake Reduction (SR) system
- Infrared remote control support
- SDXC support
The camera is expected to be available at B&H in late April.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Announcing Our June, 2023 Photo Contest
- Ricoh Dethrones Canon as the Copier King
- April 2023 "Reflection" Photo Contest...
- Pentax Film Project: Lost Engineering Being Reborn
- Pentax Custom Image Guide: From Satobi to Harubeni
- New versions of the FA 50mm F1.4
- April "Reflection" Contest Finalists...
- Ricoh announces 97% profit increase for Fiscal...