SMC Pentax-DA 18-135mm Lens Announced
A new weather-sealed kit zoom for the Pentax K-5!
By PF Staff in Pentax Announcements on Sep 20, 2010
The SMC Pentax-DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 ED AL [IF] DC WR is a new kit lens from Pentax expected to be available bundled with the new K-5 digital SLR.
SMC Pentax-DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 ED AL [IF] DC WR
- Focal Length: 18-135mm (Equivalent to 27.5-207mm in 35mm format)
- Aperture: F3.5-5.6
- Minimum Aperture: F22-38
- Lens Construction: 13 elements in 11groups
- Angle of View: 76-11.9 degrees (APS-C)
- Minimum Focusing Distance: 0.40 (1.31ft)
- Maximum Magnification: 0.24x
- Filter Diameter: 62mm
- Diaphragm control: Fully Automatic
- Number of Diaphragm Blades: 7 (rounded)
- Lens hood: PH-RBC62mm
- Lens cap: O-LC62
- Lens case: S80-120
- Maximum Diameter & Minimum Length: 73.0mm x 76.0mm (2.9 inch x 3.0 inch)
- Weight: 405 g / 14.3 oz (with hood 429 g / 15.1 oz)
This lens covers a wide zoom range and features Pentax's latest lens technology, including the Quick-Shift focus system, SP (Super Protect) coating, and a DC motor for the SDM focusing system. When this lens auto-focuses, the external focusing ring does not move, allowing for comfortable holding and fine manual adjustment on the fly. The lens also features an aspherical element, internal focusing, and extra-low dispersion element, and weather sealing to compliment the weather sealing of the K-5. The aperture blades are rounded to help render a very smooth bokeh. Finally, the lens hood also features a filter window for easy use of CPL filters.More details on this lens can be found in our Pentax Lens Review Database.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Announcing Our June, 2023 Photo Contest
- Ricoh Dethrones Canon as the Copier King
- April 2023 "Reflection" Photo Contest...
- Pentax Film Project: Lost Engineering Being Reborn
- Pentax Custom Image Guide: From Satobi to Harubeni
- New versions of the FA 50mm F1.4
- April "Reflection" Contest Finalists...
- Ricoh announces 97% profit increase for Fiscal...