Silver DA Limiteds Hitting the Shelves
3 silver pancake lenses
By PF Staff in Pentax Announcements on May 19, 2011
It looks like Pentax have finally begun rolling out their new "Limited Silver" pancake lenses here in the US. All three lenses: the DA 21mm, DA 40mm, and DA 70mm will be hitting the shelves at major retailers shortly!
These lenses look amazing, and their paint finish matches that of the FA limiteds, which is good news for current owners. One thing to note, however, is that these three lenses are actually going to be limited in production, unlike other limiteds. For those other lenses, the "Limited" designation simply means that they are of higher quality.
Are these lenses more expensive than their regular counterparts? Yes. They are currently priced at full MSRP ($649, $499, and $699), respectively, meaning that you'll end up paying a couple hundred dollars just to get the special color. It might be worth it, though; check out forum member frank's collection:
For more details on these lenses, check out our lens database!
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- October "The Sky" Contest Finalists...
- Current K-Mount Prime Lenses (2017)
- New Pentax Price Alert Feature
- Pentax K-1 Firmware v1.43 Released
- Lumenzia Action Panel for Photoshop
- How to Modify the DA* 60-250mm F4 for Full Frame
- Announcing "Fall Colors" - Our...
- A Hands-on Look at the Pentax K-1 Silver