Accessory Price Increase
Higher MSRPs on September 1, 2011
By PF Staff in Pentax Announcements on Aug 6, 2011
Today Pentax posted some unwelcome news on their Japan website: they announced a price (MSRP) increase on dozens of camera accessories effective September 1st, 2011.
The price increase will affect teleconverters, flash accessories, mount adapters, hoods, and caps. Pentax cited factors such as low sales figures for legacy accessories, increasing material costs, and the recent disaster in Japan as justification for the increase. It cannot be denied, however, that accessories have much higher markups than other Pentax products and that these markups are merely being increased to generate additional revenue.
The increase in price ranges from 15% to 75% of the original item price (most are in the upper end of the range, unfortunately).
Below is a brief list of the most popular accessories that will rise in price next month. The full list can be found on the Pentax Japan web site.
- Off-Camera Shoe Adapter F
- Extension Cord F5P
- Eyecup FR
- M42 Mount Adapter K
- 645 Mount Adater K
- 49mm Lens Hoods
- 43mm/31mm Limited lens caps
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- "Architectural Elements" Photo...
- Guide to Camera and Autofocus Settings for...
- Pentax KP eBook Now Available
- Pentax K-1 Firmware v1.41 Released
- Pentax 645Z Firmware v1.23 Released
- Pentax HD D FA 15-30mm F2.8 Review Posted
- Ricoh Stays Committed to Cameras & Pentax...
- Topaz Spring Sale: 40% Off Everything