Ricoh GR II Premium Kit Announced
Celebrating 10 years of the digital GR line
Exactly ten years have passed since the launch of the original Ricoh GR Digital back in October, 2005. To commemorate this, Ricoh Imaging has announced a special anniversary edition of the latest model in the series, the Ricoh GR II.
GR II Premium Kit - Click to enlarge
The Ricoh GR II Premium Kit (pictured above) consists of the following items:
- GR II camera body w/ all standard accessories
- O-AT146 aluminum trunk case
- GV-1 external viewfinder
- GW-3 wide-angle conversion lens
- GH-3 hood and adapter
- 3 decorative rings (green, gold and gunmetal)
- GC-6 jacket (orange)
- GS-3 neck strap (orange)
- GR Digital 10th Anniversary pin badge
With the exception of the decorative rings, the GR II included in this kit is identical to the standard model. A genuine leather case and strap sets it apart from the crowd, however.
The Ricoh GR II is the sixth-generation camera in the GR family. It was originally launched in June of 2015. It is identical to the fifth-generation Ricoh GR save for the addition of Wi-Fi and other minor software enhancements. It features the tried-and-tested 16-megapixel filterless APS-C sensor from the Pentax K-5 IIs and a high-performance 18mm F2.8 lens helps ensure high-quality images.
Learn more about the camera in our Ricoh GR in-depth review.
Since the launch of the fifth-generation Ricoh GR back in 2013, the GR line has gained quite a following for delivering professional-grade image quality in a light, pocketable form factor. The GR cameras thus fill a unique niche in the compact digital camera market and they are currently the only high-end compacts offered by Ricoh or Pentax. Unfortunately, many of our members are reluctant to try the GR due to its Ricoh branding— yet the latest GR features a number of Pentax-developed features, such as TAv mode.
Related: Ricoh GR — Some gems come in small packages
The GR II Premium Kit will be limited to 1200 pieces worldwide. US pricing and availability is currently unknown. As of October, 2015, the normal GR II is available for $599 (reg. $699) at retailers in the US. Many of the accessories in the Premium Kit are also available for purchase separately.
1 October, 2015
GR II Premium Kit
A special limited-quantity package commemorating the
10th anniversary of the digital-format GR series
RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD. is pleased to announce the launch of the GR II Premium Kit, in commemoration of the 10th anniversary of the first digital version of the top-of-the-line GR compact camera. The special package features a selection of exclusive items including an aluminum trunk case, a camera case and a commemorative pin badge. It will be marketed in the limited quantity of 1,200 units worldwide.
|GR II Premium Kit
||・GR II camera body*
・O-AT146 Aluminum trunk case
・GV-1 External viewfinder
・GW-3 Wide-angle conversion lens
・GH-3 Hood and adapter
・Three ring caps (green, gold and gunmetal)
・GC-6 Jacket (orange)
・GS-3 Neck strap (orange)
・GR DIGITAL 10th Anniversary pin badge
The package also includes the following standard camera accessories: rechargeable battery, USB power adapter, USB cable, hand strap, CD-ROM software.
*The specifications of the camera body are identical to those of the GR II standard model.
- Designed to be the ideal size for easy carrying, the aluminum trunk case is treated with black anodized aluminum for the rigid, high-quality appearance of metallic materials, with a special coating applied to repel fingerprints. Its handle is made of genuine leather, meticulously hand-wrapped by a craftsman to provide a perfect fit for the user's hand. The lock mechanism provides a smooth action and a pleasant click when it is opened and closed. Its interior has been conveniently and attractively arranged so the user can store and remove the camera body and accessories easily, while meticulous attention has been paid to every detail down to the thickness and rigidity of the sponge cushions.
- To accentuate the camera's appearance, three ring caps have been treated with a special anodizing and dyeing process to create three different colors -- green, gold and gunmetal.
- The camera's jacket and strap are made of high-quality genuine cowskin dyed in orange -- the symbolic color of this limited-quantity package -- so that they stand out among the other black-toned accessories.
- An exclusively designed pin badge commemorates the 10th anniversary of the development and marketing of the first-generation GR DIGITAL model (launched in October 2005).