DA★ 11-18mm F2.8 Production Delayed
Now expected next year
By PF Staff in Pentax Announcements on Jun 29, 2018
Ricoh Imaging has announced a delay in the production of the DA★ 11-18mm F2.8, an upcoming premium ultra-wide zoom for Pentax APS-C bodies. The 11-18mm is now expected to launch in 2019.
Whatever the exact reason for this delay may be, it's clear that high-performance lenses such as these require a great deal of care and effort in terms of quality control. Should any noticeable issues make it into production, the future of the lens could then be in jeopardy— something like this may have led to the early discontinuation of the 25mm F4 lens in the 645 mount.
Nevertheless, this news will surely annoy users who have been eagerly awaiting this lens, especially considering the slow pace of recent announcements. The 11-18mm teaser was originally revealed in October 2017 and it was previously slated for a 2018 summer release.
More details on the delay can be found in the press release below.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Pentax Forums Giveaway: Win a Pentax D FA★...
- March "Portrait" Contest Finalists...
- Pentax K-3 III: Available for US Pre-order
- Announcing Our April 2021 Photo Contest
- Pentax K-3 Mark III DSLR Officially Announced
- Theta Z1 51GB Announced
- The Making of "Sleepless in Seattle"
- February 2021 "Cityscape by Night"...