Countdown to the Pentax 645z
Successor to the 645D
By PF Staff in Pentax Announcements on Apr 2, 2014
Pentax (Ricoh) has just put up a countdown teaser for the successor to the 645D, which will supposedly be named the "Pentax 645z". No details have officially been revealed, but from the prototype on display at the CP+ 2014 show in Japan in February some facts are known. Most importantly, it will have a CMOS sensor (likely 50MP), live view, and perhaps a movie mode as well.
The camera will be presented on April 19th in Japan as per the Japanese version of the teaser. It is nice to see that Pentax is committing to further to develop its medium format lineup, and we welcome the that that the company is honoring the original release date revealed back in February.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Review of the Photocross 13 Sling Bag by...
- May "People - Candid or Street"...
- Irix 15mm F2.4 Firefly & Blackstone Review...
- The Making of "Lake Kilstivatnet"
- Announcing "Rivers and Fjords" - Our...
- Pentax K-1 Triple Giveaway: Summer 2018
- Pentax K-1 Upgrade Service Now Available: Guide
- "Boats" Contest Winners