Pentax Announces Tethering for 645D
Dedicated Software Enables Tethering
By PF Staff in Pentax Announcements on Feb 8, 2012
Pentax has announced the availability in March 2012 of tethering software for the Pentax 645D medium format camera. The software is available for Windows 7 and Max OS 10.6/10.7.
With this software images can be transferred to the camera via a USB cable immediately when taken. The images can simultaneously be saved to an SD card in the camera.
The camera shutter can also be controlled remotely from the computer but since the 645D has no live view capability there is also no live view possible on the connected computer. However, we assume that digital preview will show on the computer.
The software carries a somewhat hefty price tag, USD 199.95 in the US.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- 2018 Pentax Forums T-Shirts Now Available
- August "Movement at Night" Contest...
- New Pentax Lens Compatibility Tool
- Labor Day Pentax eBook Sale: 20% Off
- Announcing "Sunset or Moonrise" - Our...
- The Making of "Just Relaxing"
- "Vacation Atmosphere" Contest Winners
- The 5 Lens Autofocus Drive Types Explained