HD Pentax D FA* 70-200mm F2.8 Delayed
Review of the lens design pushes production back to late 2015
By PF Staff in Pentax Announcements on Jun 17, 2015
Ricoh Imaging (Japan) announced on June 11 that delivery of the full frame HD Pentax-D FA* 70-200mm F2.8 ED DC AW, which was previously scheduled for imminent release, will be delayed until Autumn 2015. The company has stated that a review of the design of the lens was necessary to ensure high performance. The full frame DSLR itself is "currently under development for market launch by the end of 2015", according to an earlier press release.
The Pentax star lens series reflects the highest standard of optics and build quality. The D FA* 70-200mm is the first digital-era full frame Pentax lens to bear this designation. It was announced alongside the non-star D FA 150-450mm F4.5-5.6 ED DC AW, which we have recently reviewed.
We were able to briefly handle and test the 70-200mm at CP+ 2015, the February trade show at which the lens was originally announced.
Video: hands-on demo of the 70-200mm
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Guide: DSLR Lens Resolution Testing at Home
- Pentaxian Profile - Giovanni Corona
- August "Portrait" Contest Finalists...
- Pentax K-1 Firmware v1.42 Released
- Pentax K-1 Silver Now in Stock in the US
- DSLR Guide for Shooting Sports II: Horse Racing
- The Making of "Solemnity"
- Making a 350-megapixel Milky Way Panorama