Pentax DA 50mm, DA 560mm D-FA 645 90mm: CP+
Three new lenses to be showcased later this week
By PF Staff in Pentax Announcements on Feb 7, 2012
In a recent news post by Pentax Germany, details about three new Pentax K-mount lenses have been revealed:
- SMC Pentax-DA 560mm F5.6
- SMC Pentax-DA 50mm F1.8
- SMC Pentax-D FA 645 90mm F2.8
The first two lenses at both K-mount and are no surprise at this point, as they were previously hinted at via the Pentax 2012-2013 lens roadmap.
Based on the aperture ratings of these lenses, it's likely that the new DA 50mm lens will be a budget alternative to the FA 50mm F1.4, and that it will feature the same plastic body construction as the DA 35mm F2.4.
The DA 560mm lens should be an affordable telephoto similar to regular DA-series lenses in design, suggested by the lack of a * (star) or SDM designation.
Finally, the D-FA 645 90mm F2.8 is a short portrait telephoto lens designed for the Pentax 645D, but also covering the full 645 film image circle. It will roughly correspond to a 60mm on an APS-C DSLR and will be weather-sealed.
Once these lenses are revealed at CP+, we will bring you more details as well as photos!
In addition to these three definitive announcements, the following 4 products were hinted at:
- Pentax DA XS series lens (designed for the K-01)
- Pentax Q telephoto zoom lens
- Pentax Q ultra-compact lens
- Genuine Pentax Q K-mount adapter with built-in shutter, manual focus only (K mount -> Q)
Finally, Pentax confirmed that the SMC Pentax-D FA 645 25mm F4 lens, which was announced last year, will finally start shipping in the coming months (est. April).
View the original news post here.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Announcing Our July, 2022 Photo Contest
- Pentax K-3 III v1.50, K-1 II v1.40, K-1 v1.70...
- May 2022 "Ultra-wide Perspective"...
- U.S. Pentax Deal Roundup: June 22nd, 2022
- May "Ultra-wide Perspective" Contest...
- Venus Laowa Offers 15mm F4.5 R Zero-D Shift for...
- Ricoh Releases Pentax O-GPS2 GPS Unit
- The Making of "Mirror City"