Pentax K-3 II Silver Edition Announced
The latest special edition Pentax DSLR body
By PF Staff in Pentax Announcements on Feb 23, 2016
Ricoh Imaging has just announced a special Silver Edition of the Pentax K-3 II to commemorate 80 years of the company. This is the second special body to celebrate the occasion, following last week's Ricoh GR II Silver announcement.
The Pentax K-3 II Silver Edition will be sold exclusively from Ricoh via ricoh-imaging.com. Its US retail price will be $999.95, and production will be limited to 500 units worldwide. This is the lowest production count of any special edition Pentax K-mount body to date. The camera is expected to start shipping from Japan on March 10th, 2016.
From a cosmetic point of view, the K-3 II Silver Edition closely resembles the Pentax K-3 Premium Silver Edition, which was offered in 2014 alongside the original K-3. It is the perfect body for the six silver HD DA Limited lenses currently available. The K-3 II is pictured above is the HD Pentax-DA 35mm Limited F2.8 Macro.
Historically speaking, we've seen between one and two special editions of every flagship Pentax DSLR model since 2006. Do you think we will see a Pentax K-1 Limited in due time?
Learn more about the K-3 II in our in-depth review.
Click on either thumbnail to enlarge.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Comparative Review: HD vs SMC Pentax FA Limited...
- May "Flowers" Contest Finalists...
- Win an HD Pentax-FA 31, 43, or 77mm Limited:...
- Pentax K-3 III Firmware Update v1.02 Released
- K-3 III How-to: Aperture Bracketing
- Announcing Our June 2021 Photo Contest
- Pre-announcement of Pentax O-GPS2 GPS Unit
- K-3 III How-to: Using M and K Lenses