Pentax K-30 & 18-55mm WR Kit Launched
A long-awaited lens kit is now available & shipping
By PF Staff in Pentax Announcements on Nov 21, 2012
Pentax USA is finally making the K-30 DSLR available in a kit with the 18-55mm Weather Resistant lens, allowing you to make an affordable start with Pentax's weather-sealed DSLR system! This kit is something that has already been available in Europe for a while, and it should have been made available in the US at launch, given that the main selling point of the K-30 is its weather-sealing and its advanced features at a reasonable price.
The K-30 & 18-55mm WR kit has just arrived at major retailers and is available for $849 with all three body colors (black, blue, and white). This is a $100 savings compared to buying the lens separately.
Both of these retailers offer 2% in rewards, issued 40 days after your purchase as a gift certificate. We expect Amazon to start carrying this kit shortly and offering the same rewards.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Pentax K-3 III: Available for US Pre-order
- Announcing Our April 2021 Photo Contest
- Pentax K-3 Mark III DSLR Officially Announced
- Theta Z1 51GB Announced
- The Making of "Sleepless in Seattle"
- February 2021 "Cityscape by Night"...
- Irix 45mm F1.4 Review Posted
- The D FA★ 50mm F1.4 is the Best Pentax Lens...