Pentax K-5, K-r Announcements in Review
What Pentax is planning to release during the mod
By PF Staff in Pentax Announcements on Sep 14, 2010
Pentax made their big K-r announcement back on the 9th, and lots of exciting discussion has been going on about the new and upcoming releases. The K-5, which will be announced in under a week - on September 20th - has been one of the biggest topics on the forum in the past week. Our Pentax K-5 discussions and rumors.
The Pentax K-5 will be Pentax's new flagship body, set to replace the K-7 (while the K-r will be replacing the K-x). The K-5 will feature a 16.2 megapixel sensor, 7-8 FPS continuous shooting, full-HD video with manual controls, a weather-sealed body, and ISO up to 25600. More specifics on the K-5 are expected to be released on September 20th, as mentioned above.
We'd like to take this opportunity to summarize what has been going on, and provide you with links to Pentax k-r and k-5 content.
- Pentax K-r: photos, specifications, pricing (reviews coming soon!)
- Pentax K-5: photos, confirmed specifications, pricing (official details coming on 9/20)
- SMC Pentax DA L 35mm F2.4: specifications, variants, pricing, photos
- Pentax K-5: pricing leak, MSRP estimated at $1399
- Pentax K-5: the facts (will have same body as K-7)
- Possibility of the release of an SMC Penta DA 18-135mm WR lens?
We welcome your forum discussions on Pentax K-5 and K-r topics!
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- A Shift in Strategy: What is Pentax's...
- April 2022 "Urban Landscape" Photo...
- Savings on Topaz Gigapixel AI from Topaz Labs
- Ricoh announces new WG-80 point and shoot camera
- Pentax K-3 Mark III Continuous Autofocus...
- April "Urban Landscape" Contest...
- U.S. Pentax Deal Roundup: May 12, 2022
- Win a SMC Pentax DA 21mm: Special Photo Contest