Pentax K-50: $50 July Price Drop
Further price slashes hint at discontinuation
By PF Staff in Pentax Announcements on Jul 2, 2014
Today Pentax USA (Ricoh Imaging) has dropped the US dealer price of the K-50 weather-sealed entry-level DSLR by $50, lowering the price of the body to $449 and the 18-55mm lens kit to $549, give or take a few dollars depending on the retailer. These price drops also apply to the special-order custom color kits.
When combined with double instant rebates on bundled starter lenses such as the DA 35mm F2.4 ($219 - $35 - $35 = $149) and the DA 50mm F1.8 ($189 - $65 - $65 = $119), this makes the Pentax system a compelling choice for photographers shopping for their first DSLR. If you shop at Adorama, you can also choose between a free $50 gift card or a free bag, memory card, and flash: an additional value of $50-150.
The Pentax K-50 was originally launched just over a year ago at a price point of $699. The continued price drops suggest that its replacement is just around the corner.
- Read our Pentax K-50 review
- Order a K-50 at B&H Photo ($446.95 + free expedited shipping & memory card)
- Order a K-50 at Adorama ($446.95 + free $50 gift card or free Pentax flash, card & bag)
Official price drops and rebates are typically announced at the beginning of each month, when applicable. We haven't spotted or been informed of any other Pentax camera or lens price drops for July, but we will be keeping our eyes open for store deals, which we post in the deals & savings category.
We expect the Pentax 645Z to start shipping in the coming days, which will place pressure on prices of the Pentax 645D that's already selling for $2000 less new.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Pentax DA* 16-50mm PLM Overview Video
- Announcing Our June, 2023 Photo Contest
- Ricoh Dethrones Canon as the Copier King
- April 2023 "Reflection" Photo Contest...
- Pentax Film Project: Lost Engineering Being Reborn
- Pentax Custom Image Guide: From Satobi to Harubeni
- New versions of the FA 50mm F1.4
- April "Reflection" Contest Finalists...