Pentax K-r Discontinued
Remaining stock in stores is running out
By PF Staff in Pentax Announcements on Dec 12, 2011
After a brief period of uncertainty, it is now more or less official that the Pentax K-r has been discontinued as it has reached the end of its intended production cycle. We have confirmed this at both B&H Photo and Adorama, as well as other sources.
In the absence of any new product announcements from Pentax, we can only remain hopeful that a replacement body will be announced early next year, and that K-r stock won't run out in stores during the holiday season.
This means that if you want a K-r now, you will have to act quick. Read on for a breakdown of which K-r kits are still available. Currently, the best deals are at adorama: $539 for a black k-r kit or $499 for a red or white K-r body.
At B&H Photo, all K-r kits are no longer available except:
At Adorama, there is a somewhat larger selection:
- White K-r Body-Only ($499)
- Red K-r Body-Only ($499)
- Black K-r + DA L 18-55mm ($539)
- White K-r + DA L 18-55mm ($599)
- Black K-r + DA 35mm F2.4 ($629)
- Black K-r + DA L 18-55mm + DA L 50-200mm ($689)
On Amazon, the prices are a bit higher, but all of the above are available. However, it is indicated that a limited quantity of each item remains. In addition, you can get the following there:
- Black K-r Body-Only ($585)
We can only remain hopeful that a new body is on its way. Until then, you might have to do your holiday shopping earlier if you were considering a K-r!
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- October "The Sky" Contest Finalists...
- Current K-Mount Prime Lenses (2017)
- New Pentax Price Alert Feature
- Pentax K-1 Firmware v1.43 Released
- Lumenzia Action Panel for Photoshop
- How to Modify the DA* 60-250mm F4 for Full Frame
- Announcing "Fall Colors" - Our...
- A Hands-on Look at the Pentax K-1 Silver