Pentax Lens Roadmap for 2012-2013
See what K-mount/DSLR lenses are coming up!
By PF Staff in Pentax Announcements on Feb 2, 2012
Silently alongside the Pentax K-01 announcement, Pentax USA has revealed the Pentax 2012-2013 lens roadmap, meaning we know what to expect this year as far as new DSLR lenses go!
The roadmap, which you can download here, lists 7 new lenses planned for the next two years or so.
- DA 50mm replacement for the FA 50mm
- DA ~20-200mm walkaround zoom
- DA 550mm non-star telephoto prime
- DA limited short zoom (~20-40mm)
- DA wide zoom (~10-25mm)
- DA* zoom (~20-80mm F2.8)
- DA telephoto zoom (~100-300mm)
- DA 1.4x SDM teleconverter
The most exciting addition for many will be the 1.4x teleconverter; likewise, it seems that a telephoto gap will be filled by these lenses, and that there will be more high-end and budget lens options as well.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- October "Mirror Image" Contest...
- Irix 150mm F2.8 Macro Officially Announced
- Pentax in 2018: What the Brand Brings to the Table
- Announcing "Negative Space" - Our...
- The Making of "Southerdown Sunset"
- PhotoPlus 2018: Pentax Interview and Report
- Ricoh WG-60 Officially Announced
- "Sunset or Moonrise" Contest Winners