Pentax Lens Roadmap Updated - September 2015
3 upcoming lenses still roadmapped
By PF Staff in Pentax Announcements on Sep 25, 2015
With the recent announcement of the D FA 24-70mm F2.8 full-frame lens, we expected the Pentax K-mount lens roadmap to be updated to show it as part of the current lineup.
Three upcoming lenses remain on the roadmap: a full-frame standard zoom (roughly 28-105mm), a full-frame wide zoom (roughly 14-28mm, likely F2.8), and an APS-C wide zoom (roughly 10-30mm). No changes have been made to the projected focal lengths compared to the previous roadmap from February.
An excerpt of the updated roadmap can be found below. Click to enlarge:
As always, future lens specifications are subject to change at any time and actual lens announcements may differ from what is shown. On some occasions, Pentax lenses have been released without first making an appearance on a roadmap.
Click here to download the full K-mount lens roadmap as published by Ricoh Imaging on September 25, 2015.
Editorial note: we previously reported a change to the D FA standard zoom's focal length on the updated roadmap. No changes have in fact been made by Ricoh; the mistake was caused by improper rendering of the roadmap PDF.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Guide: DSLR Lens Resolution Testing at Home
- Pentaxian Profile - Giovanni Corona
- August "Portrait" Contest Finalists...
- Pentax K-1 Firmware v1.42 Released
- Pentax K-1 Silver Now in Stock in the US
- DSLR Guide for Shooting Sports II: Horse Racing
- The Making of "Solemnity"
- Making a 350-megapixel Milky Way Panorama