Pentax Optio LS465, a New Point and Shoot
The LS465 is a stylish compact camera
By PF Staff in Pentax Announcements on May 21, 2012
Pentax has a new point and shoot in the works, named the Optio LS465. It will be very compact, have a 16 MP sensor, and will be aimed at the entry level point-and-shoot market, or rather the fashion market! It will have a 5x zoom, 20-140mm eqv., just like the recently-introduced WG-2. Where the WG-2 is designed to withstand heavy use/abuse, the LS465 will be a stylish, very compact camera with a customizable front panel. This customizeability isn't new for Pentax, and suggests to us that this camera is a direct replacement for last year's Optio RS1500.
The camera will be capable of recording movies in standard HD (1280x720) and has face detection with smile capture and several other scene modes. It is not quite as feature-rich as the WG-2, but we expect it to be much cheaper.
The battery can be charged in the camera which some will find more convenient than having to remove the battery and use a separate charger.
As soon as we have the full technical specifications they will be posted here in our camera database.
At this point we know the following:
The Optio LS465 will be available in three colors: Sapphire black, Ruby pink, and Anethyst purple.
The key features of the LS465 are:
- Features Pentax' acclaimed auto-picture mode which analyzes the scene and picks the appropriate shooting mode
- 14 scene modes
- 9 digital filters
- 5x zoom lens, 28-140mm (eqv.)
- 7.2x digital zoom for a combined zoom of 36x
- HD movie (1280 x 720) at 30 fps
- Movie shake reduction
- LCD Monitor: 2.7 inch, 230,000 dots, anti-reflex coating
- 16 MP sensor
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Pentax K-3 III: Available for US Pre-order
- Announcing Our April 2021 Photo Contest
- Pentax K-3 Mark III DSLR Officially Announced
- Theta Z1 51GB Announced
- The Making of "Sleepless in Seattle"
- February 2021 "Cityscape by Night"...
- Irix 45mm F1.4 Review Posted
- The D FA★ 50mm F1.4 is the Best Pentax Lens...