Ricoh Acquisition: New Company Name
Products will remain under the Pentax brand
By PF Staff in Pentax Announcements on Oct 1, 2011
Today, while ownership of the entire Pentax imaging business is being transferred from Hoya to Ricoh, the US division of Pentax has announced a new company name: PENTAX RICOH IMAGING AMERICAS CORPORATION.
Pentax cameras will continue to be sold and manufactured under the "Pentax" brand (fortunately).
No changes in company structure or operations have been announced, and we have yet to hear about any new products. However, Ricoh has indicated a great interest in expanding the Pentax DSLR system; we will post updates on our homepage should developments occur in this direction.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- "Architectural Elements" Photo...
- Guide to Camera and Autofocus Settings for...
- Pentax KP eBook Now Available
- Pentax K-1 Firmware v1.41 Released
- Pentax 645Z Firmware v1.23 Released
- Pentax HD D FA 15-30mm F2.8 Review Posted
- Ricoh Stays Committed to Cameras & Pentax...
- Topaz Spring Sale: 40% Off Everything