Ricoh Acquisition: New Company Name
Products will remain under the Pentax brand
By PF Staff in Pentax Announcements on Oct 1, 2011
Today, while ownership of the entire Pentax imaging business is being transferred from Hoya to Ricoh, the US division of Pentax has announced a new company name: PENTAX RICOH IMAGING AMERICAS CORPORATION.
Pentax cameras will continue to be sold and manufactured under the "Pentax" brand (fortunately).
No changes in company structure or operations have been announced, and we have yet to hear about any new products. However, Ricoh has indicated a great interest in expanding the Pentax DSLR system; we will post updates on our homepage should developments occur in this direction.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- April 2022 "Urban Landscape" Photo...
- Savings on Topaz Gigapixel AI from Topaz Labs
- Ricoh announces new WG-80 point and shoot camera
- Pentax K-3 Mark III Continuous Autofocus...
- April "Urban Landscape" Contest...
- U.S. Pentax Deal Roundup: May 12, 2022
- Win a SMC Pentax DA 21mm: Special Photo Contest
- Ricoh WG-6 Firmware Update Adds Webcam...