Ricoh Acquisition: New Company Name
Products will remain under the Pentax brand
By PF Staff in Pentax Announcements on Oct 1, 2011
Today, while ownership of the entire Pentax imaging business is being transferred from Hoya to Ricoh, the US division of Pentax has announced a new company name: PENTAX RICOH IMAGING AMERICAS CORPORATION.
Pentax cameras will continue to be sold and manufactured under the "Pentax" brand (fortunately).
No changes in company structure or operations have been announced, and we have yet to hear about any new products. However, Ricoh has indicated a great interest in expanding the Pentax DSLR system; we will post updates on our homepage should developments occur in this direction.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- 2018 Pentax Forums T-Shirts Now Available
- August "Movement at Night" Contest...
- New Pentax Lens Compatibility Tool
- Labor Day Pentax eBook Sale: 20% Off
- Announcing "Sunset or Moonrise" - Our...
- The Making of "Just Relaxing"
- "Vacation Atmosphere" Contest Winners
- The 5 Lens Autofocus Drive Types Explained