Ricoh Acquisition: New Company Name
Products will remain under the Pentax brand
By PF Staff in Pentax Announcements on Oct 1, 2011
Today, while ownership of the entire Pentax imaging business is being transferred from Hoya to Ricoh, the US division of Pentax has announced a new company name: PENTAX RICOH IMAGING AMERICAS CORPORATION.
Pentax cameras will continue to be sold and manufactured under the "Pentax" brand (fortunately).
No changes in company structure or operations have been announced, and we have yet to hear about any new products. However, Ricoh has indicated a great interest in expanding the Pentax DSLR system; we will post updates on our homepage should developments occur in this direction.
Discuss this news on the forum
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Pentax DA* 16-50mm PLM Overview Video
- Announcing Our June, 2023 Photo Contest
- Ricoh Dethrones Canon as the Copier King
- April 2023 "Reflection" Photo Contest...
- Pentax Film Project: Lost Engineering Being Reborn
- Pentax Custom Image Guide: From Satobi to Harubeni
- New versions of the FA 50mm F1.4
- April "Reflection" Contest Finalists...