Ricoh Releases SDKs for Pentax DSLRs
Custom apps for Pentax cameras are around the corner
By PF Staff in Pentax Announcements on May 16, 2018
If you've been longing to write (or use) custom apps to interact with Pentax cameras, the wait may soon be over! Today, Ricoh Imaging released Software Development Kits (SDKs) allowing programmers to write apps to control Pentax cameras, both on computers as well as iOS and Android mobile devices. User-developed apps will thus soon be joining the ranks of existing official software from Ricoh, such as Image Sync, Image Transmitter, and the Lightroom plugin.
The days of unstable reverse-engineering will soon be over for the camera models supported by the SDK, which currently includes all models released in the past 2 years, in addition to the 645Z.
Plan to create an app or have a great idea for one? Let us know in the comments!
If you're a developer, head over to https://api.ricoh/ to grab the SDK.
This announcement follows in the footsteps of the Theta, which has had an SDK for some time now.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Review of the Photocross 13 Sling Bag by...
- May "People - Candid or Street"...
- Irix 15mm F2.4 Firefly & Blackstone Review...
- The Making of "Lake Kilstivatnet"
- Announcing "Rivers and Fjords" - Our...
- Pentax K-1 Triple Giveaway: Summer 2018
- Pentax K-1 Upgrade Service Now Available: Guide
- "Boats" Contest Winners