Ricoh WG-60 Officially Announced
Rugged waterproof compact camera
By PF Staff in Pentax Announcements on Oct 25, 2018
Ricoh Imaging today announced the Ricoh WG-60, a 16-megapixel point-and-shoot outdoor digital camera that boasts a waterproof, crushproof, shockproof, and dustproof construction. The WG-60 is nearly identical to the Ricoh WG-50, which it replaces. The WG-60 is expected to start shipping in mid-November; its US MSRP is set at $279.95— the same as its predecessor.
New features in the WG-60
- Native support for Flashair SD cards - Wi-Fi can now be turned on and off via the camera
- Outdoor view setting - Monitor brightness can be boosted on the fly to improve viewability in strong light
The WG-60's full specifications are available in our camera database.
To learn more about the camera's highlights, check our the overview on Ricoh-Imaging.com.
The WG-60 has Pentax DNA— its core technology dates all the way back to the Pentax WG-2 from 2012, which was the "flagship" WG model at the time. The line has gotten a number of software tweaks since, as well as a LCD resolution downgrade (see below).
To get a sense for how the WG-60 handles in the field, see our in-depth review of the Ricoh WG-30w, which shares the majority of the WG-60's features. Overall, we were happy with the build quality and shooting modes, but found the low-resolution LCD disappointing.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Coming in 2021: HD Pentax-DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED...
- HD Variants of FA 31mm, 43mm, and 77mm Limiteds...
- January 2021 "Best of 2020" Photo...
- Pentax K-3 III Release Delayed Past CP+ 2021
- January "Best of 2020" Contest...
- Laowa 100mm f/2.8 2x Ultra Macro APO Review Posted
- There's something special about that lens:...
- Announcing Our February 2021 Photo Contest