Irix 150mm F2.8 Macro Officially Announced
New Macro Lens in K-Mount
By PF Staff in Third-Party Announcements on Nov 15, 2018
If you have been on the lookout for a 1:1 macro lens with a longer focal length than the 100mm that Pentax currently offers, the just-announced Irix 150mm F2.8 Macro may be for you. This new lens covers the 24x36mm full-frame format and can of course also be used on APS-C cameras.
The lens is manual focus only which is oftentimes the preferred focusing mode for shooting macro. The focusing ring turns a generous 270 degrees from infinity to 1:1. The lens has high-end features such as internal focusing, nano coating, weather sealing, a removable tripod mount, and 11 rounded aperture blades for smooth bokeh. Similar to a D FA lens, automatic aperture control is available, but there is no aperture ring.
You can secure an early copy of this lens by pre-ordering today:
The lens is estimated to start shipping on December 26, 2018, and the initial price is set at $595.00 (USD). Irix has dubbed the lens construction "Dragonfly", which is marked by full weather sealing and is somewhat of a hybrid between their Firefly and Blackstone lens edition's we've seen in the past.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Ricoh GR III Firmware v1.41 Released
- Announcing Our August 2020 Photo Contest
- June Month's "Abstract" Contest...
- June "Abstract (through pp)" Contest...
- Oben CT-2491 Tripod, GH-30 Gimbal and MFR4-5...
- Pentax D FA* 85mm F1.4 Now Shipping
- Announcing Our July 2020 Photo Contest
- The Making of "Balsam Root and Lupin"