New Pentax Rebates Now in Effect - Mostly
Camera prices drop, but online lens prices do not
By PF Staff in Third-Party Announcements on Sep 4, 2012
The US Pentax instant rebates and price drops announced last week now seem to be in full effect at retailers, with one small twist: under the MAP pricing policy, the lower lens prices cannot be advertised online. Thus, at least at online stores, 5 of the 6 instant lens rebates actually ended up reverting lens prices to full MSRP less the advertised rebate amount. We trust that this will be addressed by Pentax over the coming weeks, as there prices are unreasonable when compared to those of other manufacturers. It is curious, however, that this policy only seems to affect premium (DA*) lenses.
Confirmed New Prices
(Click to view deals)
|Standard kit: $399
5-15mm zoom kit: $499
Dual lens kit: $649
40mm XS Kit: $599 (great deal!)
18-55mm & 50-200mm Kit: $749
All prices in the table above are the maximum that can be charged for any of the items. They may vary from store to store.
High DA* Lens Prices
|Lens||Old Online Price
||New Online Price|
Learn more about any of these items in our in-depth reviews or lens database, or camera database.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Pentax DA* 16-50mm PLM Overview Video
- Announcing Our June, 2023 Photo Contest
- Ricoh Dethrones Canon as the Copier King
- April 2023 "Reflection" Photo Contest...
- Pentax Film Project: Lost Engineering Being Reborn
- Pentax Custom Image Guide: From Satobi to Harubeni
- New versions of the FA 50mm F1.4
- April "Reflection" Contest Finalists...