New Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 HSM Macro
Pentax superzoom lens featuring macro and reduced weight
By PF Staff in Third-Party Announcements on Jun 15, 2012
Sigma has just announced a new version of their 18-250mm superzoom for Pentax called the Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 HSM Macro. Compared to its predecessor, this lens features improved optics and can focus on subjects as close as 35 centimeters. In addition, its external barrel is made of a special composite material which does not respond as much to variations in temperature as normal plastic, meaning that the new lens will perform better consistently in extreme weather conditions.
This new lens is also both smaller and lighter than its predecessor, weighing in at only 16.6 oz (470 grams). More details on it can be found in our Sigma lens database.
It will ship in July for $499 and is also available for Canon and Nikon DSLRs. The new 18-250mm is already available for pre-order at retailers, and at this price, it costs only $20 more than the current lens.
If you are looking for an all-purpose lens, in addition to the 18-250mm you may also wish to take a look at the new Sigma 18-200mm Mark 2 or Pentax 18-135mm WR.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- April 2023 "Reflection" Photo Contest...
- Pentax Film Project: Lost Engineering Being Reborn
- Pentax Custom Image Guide: From Satobi to Harubeni
- New versions of the FA 50mm F1.4
- April "Reflection" Contest Finalists...
- Ricoh announces 97% profit increase for Fiscal...
- The K1000 that Survived Being Run Over by a Tank
- Announcing Our May, 2023 Photo Contest
18-250, 18-250mm lens, hsm, lens, pentax, sigma, sigma 18-250mm macro