New Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 HSM Macro
Pentax superzoom lens featuring macro and reduced weight
By PF Staff in Third-Party Announcements on Jun 15, 2012
Sigma has just announced a new version of their 18-250mm superzoom for Pentax called the Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 HSM Macro. Compared to its predecessor, this lens features improved optics and can focus on subjects as close as 35 centimeters. In addition, its external barrel is made of a special composite material which does not respond as much to variations in temperature as normal plastic, meaning that the new lens will perform better consistently in extreme weather conditions.
This new lens is also both smaller and lighter than its predecessor, weighing in at only 16.6 oz (470 grams). More details on it can be found in our Sigma lens database.
It will ship in July for $499 and is also available for Canon and Nikon DSLRs. The new 18-250mm is already available for pre-order at retailers, and at this price, it costs only $20 more than the current lens.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Venus Optics Laowa 12mm F2.8 In-depth Review
- October "Mirror Image" Contest...
- Irix 150mm F2.8 Macro Officially Announced
- Pentax in 2018: What the Brand Brings to the Table
- Announcing "Negative Space" - Our...
- The Making of "Southerdown Sunset"
- PhotoPlus 2018: Pentax Interview and Report
- Ricoh WG-60 Officially Announced