Sigma 105mm Macro Discontinued
New OS HSM version announced
By PF Staff in Third-Party Announcements on Sep 7, 2011
Sigma has recently discontinued the popular 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro lens, and announced its successor, the Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX OS DG Macro. The new lens retails for $969- significantly more than the old version. It features a new optical and mechanical design, and also incorporates Sigma's "OS" in-lens stabilization technology.
Unfortunately, the availability date of the Pentax version of this new lens is not yet known. We will post updates on our homepage once Sigma releases further details. The 105mm lens has already been listed at Adorama camera as a New Item, although Sigma hasn't officially stated that it will even be produced.
For those looking for a high-end macro lens, Sigma has also recently announced a new 150mm F2.8 macro lens. We've confirmed that the 150mm will be produced in the Pentax mount, but has no official availability date has been announced, either.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Pentax K-1 Firmware v1.41 Released
- Pentax 645Z Firmware v1.23 Released
- Pentax HD D FA 15-30mm F2.8 Review Posted
- Ricoh Stays Committed to Cameras & Pentax...
- Topaz Spring Sale: 40% Off Everything
- The Making of "Autumn Colors"
- Review of the Everyday Sling Bag by Peak Design
- "Benches" Photo Contest Winners