Sigma 105mm Macro Discontinued
New OS HSM version announced
By PF Staff in Third-Party Announcements on Sep 7, 2011
Sigma has recently discontinued the popular 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro lens, and announced its successor, the Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX OS DG Macro. The new lens retails for $969- significantly more than the old version. It features a new optical and mechanical design, and also incorporates Sigma's "OS" in-lens stabilization technology.
Unfortunately, the availability date of the Pentax version of this new lens is not yet known. We will post updates on our homepage once Sigma releases further details. The 105mm lens has already been listed at Adorama camera as a New Item, although Sigma hasn't officially stated that it will even be produced.
For those looking for a high-end macro lens, Sigma has also recently announced a new 150mm F2.8 macro lens. We've confirmed that the 150mm will be produced in the Pentax mount, but has no official availability date has been announced, either.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- April 2023 "Reflection" Photo Contest...
- Pentax Film Project: Lost Engineering Being Reborn
- Pentax Custom Image Guide: From Satobi to Harubeni
- New versions of the FA 50mm F1.4
- April "Reflection" Contest Finalists...
- Ricoh announces 97% profit increase for Fiscal...
- The K1000 that Survived Being Run Over by a Tank
- Announcing Our May, 2023 Photo Contest