Quick Tip - Set Drive Mode in a Snap
Using a single button
By PF Staff in Articles and Tips on Jul 15, 2011
A quick and easy way to set the drive mode is to press the drive mode button (A) repeatedly until the desired drive mode is selected, and then just half press the shutter.
This method allows you to cycle through the drive modes in the first row of icons (B). Only if you need a mode from the second row do you need to use the other buttons of the four way controller to navigate to the desired setting (this setting will now move to the first row). Even in this case you can go directly to shooting mode by hitting the shutter button; no need to first click the OK button.
White Balance, Flash and Image Parameters can quickly be accessed and set in the same way.
This method has been confirmed to work on the K-x, K-r, K-7, K-5, and 645D.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Pentax KP eBook Now Available
- Pentax K-1 Firmware v1.41 Released
- Pentax 645Z Firmware v1.23 Released
- Pentax HD D FA 15-30mm F2.8 Review Posted
- Ricoh Stays Committed to Cameras & Pentax...
- Topaz Spring Sale: 40% Off Everything
- The Making of "Autumn Colors"
- Review of the Everyday Sling Bag by Peak Design