Quick Tip - Set Drive Mode in a Snap
Using a single button
By PF Staff in Articles and Tips on Jul 15, 2011
A quick and easy way to set the drive mode is to press the drive mode button (A) repeatedly until the desired drive mode is selected, and then just half press the shutter.
This method allows you to cycle through the drive modes in the first row of icons (B). Only if you need a mode from the second row do you need to use the other buttons of the four way controller to navigate to the desired setting (this setting will now move to the first row). Even in this case you can go directly to shooting mode by hitting the shutter button; no need to first click the OK button.
White Balance, Flash and Image Parameters can quickly be accessed and set in the same way.
This method has been confirmed to work on the K-x, K-r, K-7, K-5, and 645D.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- The Amazing High-ISO Video Performance of the...
- Pentax KP Bundle Deal
- Best of 2016 Contest Winners
- Image Composition: Converging Lines
- Get the Pentax K-3 II with a Free Battery Grip!
- Get the Pentax K-1 with a Free Battery Grip!
- Image Composition Guide: Subject Isolation
- Guide to Camera and Autofocus Settings for...