Mastering the Art of Photography Books
New Series: 50% Off and 4 for 2 Deal
By PF Staff in Articles and Tips on Jan 15, 2013
Regardless of the type of camera you own, it's essential for you to understand how great photos are captured in the first place. Sometimes we tend to think that we need to own the most expensive gear in order to get the best shots, when in reality it just comes down to knowing how to maximize the use of your camera's aperture, shutter speed and ISO settings, as well as knowing tried and tested composition techniques. We place a fairly big emphasis on gear on our site, but today, let's take a step back and take a look at the basics!
Some of the biggest challenges we see photographers face is not knowing how to choose the right aperture for their photos (to control depth of field), how to properly capture action and motion (to freeze it or to create motion blur), how to properly expose a photo (so that there are no blown highlights and it isn't underexposed), and how to compose a great shot (so it has that "wow" factor).
Luckily, a new series of books has been published that we think will help you master all of these techniques and understand the true art of creative photography!
Mastering Aperture, Mastering Shutter Speed, Mastering Exposure and Mastering Composition are four new titles that do an excellent job of taking the mystery out of how to capture amazing shots. Each book outlines important photography concepts you must know if you want to become a great photographer. Best of all, all of the books cost under $4, and our members can enjoy special savings as noted later in this post. You can read these books on this computer (you don't need a kindle).
Throughout these books, you’ll learn things such as:
- Why aperture size matters and how it is controlled
- How to create shallow depth of field and large depth of field
- How to choose the right aperture for any photograph
- How shutter speed really affects a photo
- How to freeze action within a frame and create motion blur effects
- What the minimum shutter speed is required when shooting handheld
- How to capture a “correct” exposure each and every time
- How to eliminate overexposed and underexposed images before ever taking a picture
- Tips and tricks on how to properly meter any scene
- How to develop the ability to see and shoot great digital photographs
- Multiple ways in which to compose the best shot, regardless of subject matter
- What the rule of thirds is and how to use it to your advantage
- How to effectively use symmetry in photography
- Understanding balance and visual weight within a photo
- How to use lines in photography and how each type (horizontal, vertical, diagonal and curved) can be used to evoke a specific feeling within the viewer
- How to instantly make a boring composition more dynamic
- How to master Out of Focus Foreground Framing, a signature style of many professional photographers
- Unique ways to composing better backgrounds in any situation
- And much more!
If you own a camera you owe it to yourself to learn how to master the art of photography composition, exposure and your camera’s settings. The lessons taught through these books will provide you with knowledge you can use for the rest of your life as a photographer! And if you have any lingering questions, you can always post in the photographic technique section of the forum!
Special Offer for PF Members
For a limited time, each photography book is listed for 50% Off the regular price! Additionally, PentaxForums.com members can also take advantage of a special 4 for 2 deal where you can get all four books for under $8! For details on this exclusive special, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject line: 4 for 2 Deal.
You can find complete details on each book and secure your copies today using the links below. You’ll be taken directly to the Amazon web page listing where you can make your payment and get immediate access to the download.
- Mastering Aperture ($2.99)
- Mastering Shutter Speed ($2.99)
- Mastering Exposure ($3.99)
- Mastering Composition ($3.99)
Samples of each book can also be downloaded through the Amazon.com store using the links above, so be sure to check out each one.
Note: These books are in electronic format and are instantly delivered to you digitally. As noted before, you do not have to have a kindle, iPad or iPhone in order to view them. Amazon provides a free online cloud reader for you to use to read electronic books if you do not have a mobile device or the free mobile app.
The author of these books is Stephen Hockman of FreeDigitalPhotographyTutorials.com, a website dedicated to sharing with you the very best digital photography tutorials, tips and lessons available online so that you can improve your photographic technique and become a great photographer.