Pentax K-3 III: How to use Catch-In Focus
Luxury Manual Focus
By FozzFoster in Articles and Tips on Apr 12, 2022
Catch-In Focus is a handy tool that assists with manual focusing by utilizing the camera's autofocus system. It can really breath new life into shooting with manual focus lenses!
This feature allows the photographer to choose their focus point and press the shutter, but the camera will only fire when that focus point comes perfectly into focus when manually adjusting the focus ring. This is exceptionally handy when using manual focus lenses because it not only reduces the time spent focusing but it also increases your focusing accuracy.
This PentaxTips video shows the setup and usage for Catch-In Focus on the Pentax K-3 Mark III:
Want to use Catch-In Focus on other Pentax cameras? Check out this article to learn how to use this awesome feature on other Pentax bodies.
Want to see more K-3 Mark III tips? Check out our K-3 Mark III Overview video, or learn more about the K-3 III in our in-depth review.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- February "Storm" Contest Finalists...
- Pentax HD D FA 100mm F2.8 ED AW Macro Review...
- The Making of "The Three Musketeers"
- Announcing Our March, 2023 Photo Contest
- January 2023 "Best of 2022" Photo...
- Pentax K-3 III eBook Version 1.4 Released
- January "Best of 2022" Contest...
- A Look at the Winners of our Special Landscape...