Pentax Spotmatic F Overview Video
Extensive overview video to help introduce new users to the Pentax Spotmatic F
By FozzFoster in Articles and Tips on Apr 17, 2023
I have a strong appreciation for camera overview videos. Tutorial videos have helped guide me along my photographic adventures immensely. To see the camera in action, exactly how it is used, allows me to become more familiar and comfortable with the gear enabling me to use the camera more effectively when I have it in my hands - especially for film photography!
The Spotmatic series are M42 screwmount cameras and the Spotmatic F was featured for the pro level market back in the 1970's. This included a new feature when coupled with the Super-Multi-Coated (or SMC) lenses. These lenses contain an aperture coupler that communicates basic aperture position information to the camera. This aperture coupler allows for what's called "open-aperture metering", where the viewdinder remains nice and bright even while stopping down the lens during exposure metering!
These fully manual, finely machined, high-featured film cameras are exceptionally fun and can spur excitement and lights the fire of creativity and the desire to go out and shoot!
The latest PentaxTips video below extensively covers the features on the Spotmatic F!
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Announcing Our June, 2023 Photo Contest
- Ricoh Dethrones Canon as the Copier King
- April 2023 "Reflection" Photo Contest...
- Pentax Film Project: Lost Engineering Being Reborn
- New versions of the FA 50mm F1.4
- April "Reflection" Contest Finalists...
- Ricoh announces 97% profit increase for Fiscal...
- The K1000 that Survived Being Run Over by a Tank