Using Manual Lenses on the Pentax K-3 Mark III
Vintage lenses on modern cameras
By FozzFoster in Articles and Tips on Dec 7, 2021
We all know how awesome the K-Mount is, right? Pentax has used the same flange distance for it's lenses since the 1960s. This means that all the classic M42 screwmount lenses and all the manual-era K-Mount lenses are entirely compatible on modern digital Pentax camera.
This opens a healthy secondhand market that provides access to affordable lenses for new and experienced photographers alike. Moreover, the Pentax K-3 III supports new features to make manual lenses even easier to use, such as automatically stopping down to meter and recording aperture metadata.
This PentaxTips video demonstrates the steps required to get your Pentax K-3 Mark III setup to use these manual lenses:
Confused about lens terminology? Check out our article on the evolution of the Pentax K-mount lineup.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- December 2022 "Lights" Photo Contest...
- Review: LA-KE1 Monster Adapter to use Pentax...
- December "Lights" Contest Finalists...
- GR III Diary Edition
- Pentax K-3 III eBook Version 1.3 Released
- Announcing Our January, 2023 Photo Contest
- Giveaway: Wooden "J Limited" Grip for...
- The Making of "Check Mate"