The Making of "Bridge"
The winning image in our "Arches" photo contest
By imatginarium in Photo Contests on Aug 17, 2014
"Bridge" by Imatginarium
Well, I could invent some sophisticated things to say about the selection of this scene and the execution of this moment, but in reality everything was produced quite casually and organically.
I drove back from a commercial visit, traveling through a mountainous area with beautiful scenery when I saw the river. I always carry a camera with me, so I parked the car and decided to walk down an accessible area near the bridge.
When I arrived on the bank I noticed the wonderful light coming from the other side of the bridge and I experienced a strong sense of calmness, or in the first place even a lament.
Unfortunately I did not have a tripod so that I could use a neutral density filter and do a long exposure (it seemed like a good idea at the time), so I decided to take the shot in manual exposure mode at F9.5 and opening up the ISO to 200 to get faster shutter speed while excitement filled my stomach before I made the shot.
It only remains for me to thank you for choosing my picture as the winner of the month May - it has given me great satisfaction considering the degree of respect that I have for this forum and its participants. My respect also goes to the rest of contestants, thank you very much again.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Pentax is announcing the HD Pentax-DA* 16-50mm...
- HD Variants of FA 31mm, 43mm, and 77mm Limiteds...
- January 2021 "Best of 2020" Photo...
- Pentax K-3 III Release Delayed Past CP+ 2021
- January "Best of 2020" Contest...
- Laowa 100mm f/2.8 2x Ultra Macro APO Review Posted
- There's something special about that lens:...
- Announcing Our February 2021 Photo Contest