The Making of "Autumn Colors"
Winner of the February, 2017 "Benches" photo contest
By vaksi in Photo Contests on Apr 4, 2017
My story is very simple. I had too many lenses to carry, and I wanted an "all round" lens for my hiking tours. I bought a Sigma 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 DC Macro OS HSM (Contemporary) lens and I was trying that out with my Pentax K-50 camera on a foggy morning in November on a passage on the north coast of lake Balaton, Hungary.
The passage was empty, and that together with the fog gave a mysterious atmosphere. I tried to find a good position to shot, which it was not difficult, the place presented itself!
The image was shot at 1/125s, F5.6, ISO 250, at a 53mm focal length. The original image looked like this:
When I got home I used the Picasa editor and just made some simple changes for better, warmer colors by increasing saturation and deepening the shadows.
The final result is a nice, autumn image with benches.
I am glad that many people liked it and extend a warm thank you to those who voted for it.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Pentax Forums Giveaway: Win a Pentax D FA★...
- March "Portrait" Contest Finalists...
- Pentax K-3 III: Available for US Pre-order
- Announcing Our April 2021 Photo Contest
- Pentax K-3 Mark III DSLR Officially Announced
- Theta Z1 51GB Announced
- The Making of "Sleepless in Seattle"
- February 2021 "Cityscape by Night"...