The Making of "Lana"
Winner of our March, 2016 "Portraits in Monochrome" photo contest
By nedjo in Photo Contests on May 21, 2016
My picture was taken at an event where a girl was adopted and she willingly posed for the camera. She is seven years old.
The picture was shot in color in jpg in natural light, without direct sunlight. This photo was shot with a Pentax K-5 and an smc Pentax-D FA 100mm F2.8 Macro lens set to F2.8 to limit the depth of field. The sensitivity was ISO 320.
Here is the original image:
Post processing was done with the Photoscape application and involved these few steps:
- desaturation to get to the monochrome version
- removal of minor spots in the face and a hair over one eye
- contrast enhancement
- added a filter to give the image a bit of a tone
- added more contrast
- rotated the image a bit counterclockwise and cropped it
- added some sharpening
That's about it!
Thanks for voting for my photo!
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Pentax KP eBook Now Available
- Pentax K-1 Firmware v1.41 Released
- Pentax 645Z Firmware v1.23 Released
- Pentax HD D FA 15-30mm F2.8 Review Posted
- Ricoh Stays Committed to Cameras & Pentax...
- Topaz Spring Sale: 40% Off Everything
- The Making of "Autumn Colors"
- Review of the Everyday Sling Bag by Peak Design