The Making of "Lana"
Winner of our March, 2016 "Portraits in Monochrome" photo contest
By nedjo in Photo Contests on May 21, 2016
My picture was taken at an event where a girl was adopted and she willingly posed for the camera. She is seven years old.
The picture was shot in color in jpg in natural light, without direct sunlight. This photo was shot with a Pentax K-5 and an smc Pentax-D FA 100mm F2.8 Macro lens set to F2.8 to limit the depth of field. The sensitivity was ISO 320.
Here is the original image:
Post processing was done with the Photoscape application and involved these few steps:
- desaturation to get to the monochrome version
- removal of minor spots in the face and a hair over one eye
- contrast enhancement
- added a filter to give the image a bit of a tone
- added more contrast
- rotated the image a bit counterclockwise and cropped it
- added some sharpening
That's about it!
Thanks for voting for my photo!
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- HD Pentax D-FA 150-450mm F4.5-F5.6 Review Posted
- Review of the Off Road Hiker 30 Backpack by...
- Pentax KP $987 with Free Battery Grip
- The Making of "Island Hopping in the Tidal...
- Behind the Scenes: Ultra-Wide Review Cover Photo
- Big June Pentax Lens Sale
- "Flowing Water" Photo Contest Winners
- Topaz Releases Free Topaz Studio