The Making of "Light, Light, Light to the End"
How the winning photo of the "Lights" contest was made
By grizzly in Photo Contests on Jan 29, 2023
"Light, light, light to the end"
The photo was taken in the „Monostori Fortress” close to he Komarom city in Hungary. The weather was cloudy, and the light outside was dim, so the contrast was moderate. I took only a few photos, altogether less than ten. My other version of this corridor was marred by an “Emergency Exit” sign:
For this reason I submitted the simplest one.
The post processing consisted of three steps:
- First I adjusted the composition
- Then the shadow tonality was pulled up a little bit
- And finally I adjusted the size.
For the first two steps I used the Silkipix Developer Studio Pro 10 wheras the size adjustment was done in Photoshop. The original image looked like this:
The photo was shot with a Pentax K-1 and an smc Pentax-A 28mm F2.8 lens.
Thanks for voting for my image.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- February "Storm" Contest Finalists...
- Pentax HD D FA 100mm F2.8 ED AW Macro Review...
- The Making of "The Three Musketeers"
- Announcing Our March, 2023 Photo Contest
- January 2023 "Best of 2022" Photo...
- Pentax K-3 III eBook Version 1.4 Released
- January "Best of 2022" Contest...
- A Look at the Winners of our Special Landscape...