The Making of "Sheikh Zayed Mosque"
Winner of our June, 2016 "Refelctions" photo contest
By arunava82 in Photo Contests on Aug 27, 2016
Thanks a lot for voting for my photograph. It's the first time that I have won a photo contest. I am so happy!
There is not much in the way of "Making of .." behind the picture. I was on a work visit to Abu Dhabi and decided to visit the Sheikh Zayed mosque, which is a tourist attraction there. It is open for visitors at night and the lighting is done very beautifully. The mosque itself is very beautiful.
There is some very intricate marble work on the floors and the walls. The square within the mosque has marble floor and it looks very serene and peaceful. I had a Pentax K-5 and carried a SMC Pentax-M 50mm F1.7 along with a DA 18-135mm WR as I didn't know how much light there would be.
I took this picture with the 50mm prime. I actually took many pictures at different apertures and ISO settings and also some with the other lens. But this one came out best. I am happy with picture and no post-processing was done.
Thanks again and regards,
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Savings on Topaz Gigapixel AI from Topaz Labs
- Ricoh announces new WG-80 point and shoot camera
- Pentax K-3 Mark III Continuous Autofocus...
- April "Urban Landscape" Contest...
- U.S. Pentax Deal Roundup: May 12, 2022
- Win a SMC Pentax DA 21mm: Special Photo Contest
- Ricoh WG-6 Firmware Update Adds Webcam...
- U.S. Pentax Deal Roundup: May 3, 2022