The Making of "Snake Road"
Winner of the June, 2017 "S-Curves" photo contest
By henry8 in Photo Contests on Jul 29, 2017
This picture was taken in the Autumn, October 2015 at 9:30 am. I took this photo at Hawk's Nest, a scenic location outside Port Jervis, New York. Its name is derived from the birds of prey that nest in the area. The location is also known for its winding roads and scenic overlooks in the Delaware River valley.
It wasn't easy to get this image without any cars on the road. It took me several shots to get it right. I used a Pentax K-3 camera with the Sigma 18-250 mm F3.5-6.3 DC Macro HSM zoom set to 210 mm. The exposure data were ISO 100, 1/5s, and F16. The camera was set to shoot jpeg files.
The picture is almost not post processed outside of the camera. The custom image mode of the camera was set to vibrant which gave me a little extra saturation. The only thing I did in Lightroom was to adjust the exposure.
Thank you all so much.
- Henry Kocanda (henry8)
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- April 2022 "Urban Landscape" Photo...
- Savings on Topaz Gigapixel AI from Topaz Labs
- Ricoh announces new WG-80 point and shoot camera
- Pentax K-3 Mark III Continuous Autofocus...
- April "Urban Landscape" Contest...
- U.S. Pentax Deal Roundup: May 12, 2022
- Win a SMC Pentax DA 21mm: Special Photo Contest
- Ricoh WG-6 Firmware Update Adds Webcam...