Adobe Creative Suite 6 Announced
and a $49.95 deal for Photoshop/Premiere Elements
By PF Staff in Photo Industry News on Apr 23, 2012
Adobe has just announced its latest series of photo processing and graphics programs: Creative Suite 6, which includes upgrades to all major products previously found in the CS5 collection. In addition, today only, you can save 50% on the latest Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 and Premiere Elements 10: get one for $49.95, or both for $69.95!
Adobe CS6 will differ from previous releases in that Adobe will be offering the suite as a cloud-based subscription service, which will give you access to the entire suite for a fixed monthly fee (starting at $50). You will also be able to upgrade from previous versions, and purchase individual desktop applications as before.
Continue reading to learn more about the suite!
CS6 includes an all-new version of Photoshop, as well as new releases of all other Adobe flagship products. The main improvement in this suite over its predecessor is faster overall performance. The suite entered public beta testing on March 22nd, and this ended up being one of Adobe's most successful beta programs ever, with over a million installations of the software. Last month, Adobe also launched Adobe Lightroom 4, the latest addition to the Photoshop suite.
Below we outline the highlights of CS6's main applications:
- The Adobe Mercury Graphics Engine will deliver greatly-improved performance for general editing tools
- Photoshop’s breakthrough Content-Aware capabilities have been enhanced with the new "Content-Aware Patch" and "Content-Aware Move" features
- Illustrator CS6 will launch with a fresh interface and a new image tracing engine and other handy tools
- New layouts have been added to InDesign CS6
- A brand new application, Adobe Muse, will allow photographers to create HTML5 web sites without writing code
Other Adobe products have also been updated to support the latest web technologies.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- April 2022 "Urban Landscape" Photo...
- Savings on Topaz Gigapixel AI from Topaz Labs
- Ricoh announces new WG-80 point and shoot camera
- Pentax K-3 Mark III Continuous Autofocus...
- April "Urban Landscape" Contest...
- U.S. Pentax Deal Roundup: May 12, 2022
- Win a SMC Pentax DA 21mm: Special Photo Contest
- Ricoh WG-6 Firmware Update Adds Webcam...