Adobe Lightroom 6 Announced
By PF Staff in Photo Industry News on Apr 21, 2015
Adobe has just officially announced Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 6, the latest version of the popular and user-friendly non-destructive photo editor. Lightroom 6 is already available for download as a standalone product (US MSRP $149) or via the Photoshop Creative Cloud subscription. A boxed version will start shipping by the end of April.
Lightroom can be used on its own or as a supplement to Adobe Photoshop, which offers a host of advanced tools and even more photo editing capabilities. Many photographers use Lightroom for workflow management and general editing while relying on Photoshop for advanced editing.
Lightroom 6 is an incremental upgrade over Lightroom 5. It includes a number of new photo editing and publishing features, including:
- Filter brush for more precise filter control
- Facial recognition and categorization
- HDR merge
- Panorama merge
- Advanced video slideshows
- Improved web galleries
- Performance improvements / GPU acceleration
Upgrades for owners of older Lightroom versions are available through Adobe for $79.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- HD Pentax D-FA 150-450mm F4.5-F5.6 Review Posted
- Review of the Off Road Hiker 30 Backpack by...
- Pentax KP $987 with Free Battery Grip
- The Making of "Island Hopping in the Tidal...
- Behind the Scenes: Ultra-Wide Review Cover Photo
- Big June Pentax Lens Sale
- "Flowing Water" Photo Contest Winners
- Topaz Releases Free Topaz Studio