Dispelling a rumor: on Ricoh's use of the Pentax name
By PF Staff in Photo Industry News on May 26, 2019
A rumor has made its way across the Internet in in the past few days that Ricoh will lose its ability to use the Pentax trademark in 2020 (visit the forum to see how the discussion evolved). We reached out to Ricoh Imaging (in Japan) for an official statement and this is the reply we received:
So there you have it. The Pentax name is not going anywhere and Ricoh (obviously) plans to continue developing Pentax products.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Savings on Topaz Gigapixel AI from Topaz Labs
- Ricoh announces new WG-80 point and shoot camera
- Pentax K-3 Mark III Continuous Autofocus...
- April "Urban Landscape" Contest...
- U.S. Pentax Deal Roundup: May 12, 2022
- Win a SMC Pentax DA 21mm: Special Photo Contest
- Ricoh WG-6 Firmware Update Adds Webcam...
- U.S. Pentax Deal Roundup: May 3, 2022