Dispelling a rumor: on Ricoh's use of the Pentax name
By PF Staff in Photo Industry News on May 26, 2019
A rumor has made its way across the Internet in in the past few days that Ricoh will lose its ability to use the Pentax trademark in 2020 (visit the forum to see how the discussion evolved). We reached out to Ricoh Imaging (in Japan) for an official statement and this is the reply we received:
So there you have it. The Pentax name is not going anywhere and Ricoh (obviously) plans to continue developing Pentax products.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Think Tank Modular Belt System Review
- The Making of "Already September"
- Irix 150mm F2.8 Macro Review Posted
- Announcing Our December 2019 Photo Contest
- Pentax Forums December Giveaway Starts Today
- Black Friday 2019: Pentax Lens Deals
- Black Friday 2019: Pentax Camera Deals
- Black Friday: Forum Account Upgrade Special