From the Sigma Booth- A Pentax Model!
And a quite impressive lineup of lenses
By PF Staff in Photokina 2012 on Sep 26, 2012
At Photokina, Sigma presented their entire range of lenses in Pentax K-mount, and it was quite impressive. Combined with Pentax's own offerings almost any conceivable need is covered.
We even got one of their models to pose with a Pentax, considering that none were to be found at the Pentax booth!
All lenses were available to try out on your own camera - a very nice touch. Sigma pointed to the 85mm F1.4 EX DG HSM and the 24-70mm F2.8 EX DG HSM zoom as the most interesting recent additions.
Another intresting find was a man overwhelmed by the Sigma 200-500mm F2.8:
The 24-70mm F2.8 zoom shown in the cover photo is an interesting zoom also because it is a full-frame lens and thus a safe bet for the future.
The other lens pointed out by Sigma was the excellent 85mm F1.4:
We recently tested this lens and you will find our review here.
Unfortunately, we also confirmed that none of the current telephoto macro lenses (i.e. 105, 150, or 180mm) will be made available for Pentax, and neither will the upcoming 35mm F1.4.
For more information on the Sigma lens lineup for Pentax, please visit our Sigma lens database.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Announcing Our June, 2023 Photo Contest
- Ricoh Dethrones Canon as the Copier King
- April 2023 "Reflection" Photo Contest...
- Pentax Film Project: Lost Engineering Being Reborn
- Pentax Custom Image Guide: From Satobi to Harubeni
- New versions of the FA 50mm F1.4
- April "Reflection" Contest Finalists...
- Ricoh announces 97% profit increase for Fiscal...