The Pentax-DA 645 28-45mm is a Mammoth
One of the largest DSLR lenses we've seen to date
By PF Staff in Photokina 2014 on Sep 15, 2014
Pentax / Ricoh displayed the recently-launched HD Pentax-DA 645 28-45mm F4.5 ED AW SR wide angle zoom at Photokina 2014. The technical specifications were released a while back and are available in our lens database. While we knew that this zoom is quite heavy at 1.47 kg (3.24 lbs) we hadn't imagined how sizable it would be. The 25mm F4 prime is already large, but is dwarfed by the much thicker and taller wide-angle zoom. The difference in size is difficult to appreciate without a side-by-side comparison.
Even though the 28-45mm lens is already shipping, Pentax kept the lens secured in its display case today.
The zoom and the macro have built-in shake reduction and hence intended for hand held use despite their weight. We obtained good results with the macro lens while reviewing the 645Z, so stay tuned for that.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- October "The Sky" Contest Finalists...
- Current K-Mount Prime Lenses (2017)
- New Pentax Price Alert Feature
- Pentax K-1 Firmware v1.43 Released
- Lumenzia Action Panel for Photoshop
- How to Modify the DA* 60-250mm F4 for Full Frame
- Announcing "Fall Colors" - Our...
- A Hands-on Look at the Pentax K-1 Silver