Ricoh Imaging Booth on Opening Day
Photos of the Pentax/Ricoh camera exhibitions
By PF Staff in Photokina 2014 on Sep 18, 2014
The Ricoh Imaging booth was quite busy on opening day with more traffic than we saw at Photokina 2012.
The waterfall was quite an attention grabber:
Behind it was the wall of K-50s, and in front of it there was a row of the new K-S1, all were available to play with even though they were pre-production models. Additional K-S1s were found at the K-mount DSLR table.
Mr. Kawauchi (right) and Mr. Saiki from Ricoh Imaging Japan were walking the floor checking things out. Later we got the opportunity to interview them about their product strategy for Pentax and Ricoh products.
The Pentax lenses for 645, K-mount and Q-mount were displayed in this "telephone booth":
It was interesting to see how the various groups of equipment (medium format, K-mount, Q-system, and Wild Gear (WG)) attracted different crowds. Here we see the pro-oriented folk examining the 645Z:
This crowd also showed a healthy interest for the K-mount 560 mm F5.6 super telephoto lens:
The Q table attracted the younger crowd:
The WG (Wild Gear) area:
Finally the compact camera area, featuring the Pentax XG-1 and the Ricoh GR:
We hope you enjoyed these snapshots from the busy Ricoh / Pentax booth!
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Travel Photography - Making the Most of Your...
- HD Pentax D-FA 150-450mm F4.5-F5.6 Review Posted
- Review of the Off Road Hiker 30 Backpack by...
- Pentax KP $987 with Free Battery Grip
- The Making of "Island Hopping in the Tidal...
- Behind the Scenes: Ultra-Wide Review Cover Photo
- Big June Pentax Lens Sale
- "Flowing Water" Photo Contest Winners