Pentax K-1 Firmware v1.30 Announced
New features for the K-1
By PF Staff in Photokina 2016 on Sep 20, 2016
Pentax threw a very positive curveball at K-1 owners today by announcing a feature-enhancing firmware update for the full frame. This update addresses a number of issues that we had identified while reviewing the camera.
- Electronic Front Curtain Shutter in Live View
EFCS can now be selected. This will help alleviate shake that otherwise induces a slight degree of blur at shutter speeds in the 1/90-1/180s range.
- 1:1 Crop Mode
Originally found on the K-1 prototype, the square crop mode has made a return.
- Function Dial BKT Quality-of-life Improvement
You can now go back to single-shot mode while BKT is selected on the Function Dial. This is a big time-saver, as previously, you had to enter the menu or turn the Function Dial to another setting to exit bracketing.
- 2-frame AA Simulator Bracketing
You can now choose to bracket for only the Type 2 AA filter simulator setting.
The most significant feature is the electronic shutter option, as this can be a must-have for certain applications.
We will make a separate post in the firmware updates category once the firmware becomes available for download. It is expected on September 29th.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Pentax K-1 Mark II In-depth Review Posted
- 2018 Pentax Forums T-Shirts Now Available
- August "Movement at Night" Contest...
- New Pentax Lens Compatibility Tool
- Labor Day Pentax eBook Sale: 20% Off
- Announcing "Sunset or Moonrise" - Our...
- The Making of "Just Relaxing"
- "Vacation Atmosphere" Contest Winners