Pentax K-1 Firmware v1.30 Announced
New features for the K-1
By PF Staff in Photokina 2016 on Sep 20, 2016
Pentax threw a very positive curveball at K-1 owners today by announcing a feature-enhancing firmware update for the full frame. This update addresses a number of issues that we had identified while reviewing the camera.
- Electronic Front Curtain Shutter in Live View
EFCS can now be selected. This will help alleviate shake that otherwise induces a slight degree of blur at shutter speeds in the 1/90-1/180s range.
- 1:1 Crop Mode
Originally found on the K-1 prototype, the square crop mode has made a return.
- Function Dial BKT Quality-of-life Improvement
You can now go back to single-shot mode while BKT is selected on the Function Dial. This is a big time-saver, as previously, you had to enter the menu or turn the Function Dial to another setting to exit bracketing.
- 2-frame AA Simulator Bracketing
You can now choose to bracket for only the Type 2 AA filter simulator setting.
The most significant feature is the electronic shutter option, as this can be a must-have for certain applications.
We will make a separate post in the firmware updates category once the firmware becomes available for download. It is expected on September 29th.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- August 2023 "People" Photo Contest...
- Pentax KF, K-3 III and K-3 III Monochrome...
- Pentax O-ICK1 Sensor Cleaning Kit Review
- August "People" Contest Finalists...
- The Pentax Cross-format Lens and Accessory Guide
- Clackers: The master of dad jokes, beginner...
- Announcing Our September, 2023 Photo Contest
- The Making of "Bordeaux - Pont de...