DA 55-300mm F4.5-6.3 PLM Now Shipping
New pulse motor autofocus technology
By PF Staff in Product Updates on Aug 19, 2016
After making its Japanese debut a few weeks ago, the HD Pentax-DA 55-300mm F4.5-6.3 ED PLM WR RE is now shipping in the US! UK and Australian retailers are still awaiting stock.
This compact collapsible telephoto lens debuts a new type of autofocus technology (within the Pentax lineup) called the pulse motor that promises to deliver very fast everyday focusing and solid performance during video recording. The new Pentax K-70 requires either a PLM or DC lens for continuous autofocus in video mode.
Learn more about this lens in the official announcement, and stay tuned for our in-depth review along with a review of the lens on the K-70.
Since this lens uses a new KAF4 mount with electronic aperture control, it can only expose properly on the Pentax K-3 II, K-1, K-S1, K-S2, K-70, and newer models. Furthermore, with focus-by-wire, it can only focus on models that support KAF3 lenses, namely the K10D or newer.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- 2018 Pentax Forums T-Shirts Now Available
- August "Movement at Night" Contest...
- New Pentax Lens Compatibility Tool
- Labor Day Pentax eBook Sale: 20% Off
- Announcing "Sunset or Moonrise" - Our...
- The Making of "Just Relaxing"
- "Vacation Atmosphere" Contest Winners
- The 5 Lens Autofocus Drive Types Explained