Pentax Image Transmitter 2 Now Shipping
Wired studio tethering for the 645Z
By PF Staff in Product Updates on Dec 30, 2014
The Pentax Image Transmitter 2 tethering software for the Pentax 645Z hit the US market unannounced last week and is now available for purchase at B&H Photo, the largest authorized Pentax dealer in the US. The first several copies have already sold out, but additional orders are being accepted with a 1-2 week delivery window. As of the writing of this post, no other US-based retailer carries the software. We have been advised that this software may be included with 645Z body in certain other countries, however.
This software allows Pentax 645Z users to transfer files in real time, control the camera remotely, and see the live view display, all via a USB connection. Image Transmitter 2 is also backwards-compatible with the Pentax 645D. At a US list price of $199.95, Image Transmitter 2 is cheaper than the orignal Image Transmitter, thus rendering it obsolete.
The 645Z also supports wireless tethering via the (slower and less reliable) O-FC1 FluCard.
Learn more about the Pentax 645Z medium format DSLR in our in-depth review.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Travel Photography - Making the Most of Your...
- HD Pentax D-FA 150-450mm F4.5-F5.6 Review Posted
- Review of the Off Road Hiker 30 Backpack by...
- Pentax KP $987 with Free Battery Grip
- The Making of "Island Hopping in the Tidal...
- Behind the Scenes: Ultra-Wide Review Cover Photo
- Big June Pentax Lens Sale
- "Flowing Water" Photo Contest Winners