HD Pentax 560mm Lens Officially Available
In Japan and shortly also overseas
By PF Staff in Product Updates on Feb 2, 2013
Today (2/2) is the day that the HD Pentax 560mm F5.6 lens ($7000) finally went on sale in Japan meaning that we'll soon also be seeing it in the US and elsewhere. Originally expected in the middle December, the lens was delayed by about 6 weeks total.
The 560mm is an extreme-telephoto lens designed for APS-C cameras. It's fully weather sealed and it features a silent and fast DC autofocus system. Pentax recently launched a firmware update for 6 of its cameras in order to get them to autofocus properly with the 560mm lens. According to Pentax engineers at CP+, this lens's autofocus will not be fully supported in live view by older DSLRs such as the K-7 or K-x.
We expect to have a production copy of this lens in our hands soon, so stay tuned for an in-depth review!
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- A Few Days with a Pentax KP Pre-production Camera
- HD Pentax D FA★ 50mm F1.4 Coming Soon
- A look at the Pentax KP from Ricoh's HQ
- Pentax KP User Manual Available
- The 7 Biggest Pentax Stories of 2016
- Hands-on with the Pentax KP
- Ricoh Imaging Exhibits at WPPI 2017
- These WPPI Deals Aren't Just for Wedding...