Pentax 645Z Now Shipping in the US
First orders shipped by B&H Photo
By PF Staff in Product Updates on Jul 2, 2014
The first shipment of 50 Pentax 645Z bodies arrived at B&H Photo this morning and has shipped out to customers who had placed pre-orders. While there is no ETA for the next shipment yet, if you're serious about getting Pentax's latest medium format body, we recommend placing a pre-order so that you can be next in line.
According to a recent conversaion we had with Pentax representatives in Tokyo, due to high demand the 645Z will be mostly sold-out (worldwide) through pre-orders until September. We will post updates about the availability (i.e. the next B&H shipment) of the 645Z as we learn more.
We expect to have a production sample of the 645Z for review as early as tomorrow morning.
The 645Z is also available for pre-order at Adorama.
The 645Z is the latest medium-format DSLR offering from Pentax. It features a 51-megapixel sensor measuring 44x33mm that promises to deliver unrivaled image quality in its class. The Pentax 645Z body is priced at just $8499, well below competing medium-format cameras and within the same price range as complete full-frame systems.
Stay tuned for our in-depth review of the Pentax 645Z!
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Travel Photography - Making the Most of Your...
- HD Pentax D-FA 150-450mm F4.5-F5.6 Review Posted
- Review of the Off Road Hiker 30 Backpack by...
- Pentax KP $987 with Free Battery Grip
- The Making of "Island Hopping in the Tidal...
- Behind the Scenes: Ultra-Wide Review Cover Photo
- Big June Pentax Lens Sale
- "Flowing Water" Photo Contest Winners