Pentax 645Z Now Shipping in the US
First orders shipped by B&H Photo
By PF Staff in Product Updates on Jul 2, 2014
The first shipment of 50 Pentax 645Z bodies arrived at B&H Photo this morning and has shipped out to customers who had placed pre-orders. While there is no ETA for the next shipment yet, if you're serious about getting Pentax's latest medium format body, we recommend placing a pre-order so that you can be next in line.
According to a recent conversaion we had with Pentax representatives in Tokyo, due to high demand the 645Z will be mostly sold-out (worldwide) through pre-orders until September. We will post updates about the availability (i.e. the next B&H shipment) of the 645Z as we learn more.
We expect to have a production sample of the 645Z for review as early as tomorrow morning.
The 645Z is also available for pre-order at Adorama.
The 645Z is the latest medium-format DSLR offering from Pentax. It features a 51-megapixel sensor measuring 44x33mm that promises to deliver unrivaled image quality in its class. The Pentax 645Z body is priced at just $8499, well below competing medium-format cameras and within the same price range as complete full-frame systems.
Stay tuned for our in-depth review of the Pentax 645Z!
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Savings on Topaz Gigapixel AI from Topaz Labs
- Ricoh announces new WG-80 point and shoot camera
- Pentax K-3 Mark III Continuous Autofocus...
- April "Urban Landscape" Contest...
- U.S. Pentax Deal Roundup: May 12, 2022
- Win a SMC Pentax DA 21mm: Special Photo Contest
- Ricoh WG-6 Firmware Update Adds Webcam...
- U.S. Pentax Deal Roundup: May 3, 2022